Monday, November 5, 2007

Near Red Ring of Death Experience

Stay calm and breath.....1...2....3....exhale.


I sat down yesterday after a standard day of work to have a quick game, to find a horrifying red eye winking back at me. It was the fabled Red Ring of Death. I sat frozen for a second, jaw agape, thinking back to the morning when I had bragged to a friend about my yet to die 360. Come on karma, I was only bragging! I quickly switched it off, hoping that it would just forget about the dramatic hardware failure that had just occurred.

I'm happy that Microsoft are willing to fix it for me, and I realise I could possibly fix it using electronic voodoo majiks, but honestly, it's just a bad time. Inconvenient.

We have Guitar Hero III tomorrow, Assasin's Creed next week and we have a regular crew playing Team Fortress 2 nightly. Not to mention I'm still playing Skate and I really want to get the last few Pinatas that are yet to grace my garden. Not now xbox!

I started to have what seemed to be a near death experience, but instead of thinking about what I had done in my life and what I was going to miss out on, I thought 'What the fuck am I going to do for the next month?'

I thought, maybe now I'll get to finish Bully, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, etc, etc.

Hell, I could finish some books I have started! I have a couple of comics backed up and hey! I could finish some of those paintings I started a while ago....This could actually be a good thing.

I switched it back on, and you know what? It fucking worked. It is currently working just fine.

I guess I could still do all those things I thought about...Or I could go Demoman for a round and get that Head of the class achievement!

All that stuff will still be there....when this thing eventually croaks.

Maybe I'll stack a bunch of towels next to the TV just in case.....


-Brother N-

No comments: