Friday, August 15, 2008

A Mr Metal appears!



















First off, let me give you a little taste of who I am/what I do/what I like/why I do. Just so you can see what it tastes like.

I'm a 28 year old male, living in country Victoria. In this relatively small town I am lucky enough to have a job in Music Retail/Teaching which I enjoy 98.6% of the time. That's right. I'm one of those annoying bastards you have heard of who is "working" in his dream job. I sing, play guitar, drums, bass and I record my own original material. (fuck, I'm a superstar! *thumbs down*)

What I'm trying to say without sounding too much like a wanker is that music is my life. All music. Playing, listening, whatever. I love it all and Ill do it till I cant no more.

Along with Music, like Brother N, I have a mad passion for Games. Like pretty much ALL games, as you will soon find out. I'm generally not very picky for some reason. Not sure why. I guess there's alot of stuff out there, I just wanna make sure I don't miss any of it. Obviously if a game is shit, I wont keep playing it but If I think something is shit, its probably UTTER TRASH! Like vomit out your eyes bad. *note to Brother N: A possible rank in our rating system?*

I don't have a preference on game genre, I keep it very broad. Just like music. If you really love it, you shouldn't shackell yourself to one style/genre. Like dudes who listen to JUST METAL, or play nothing but FPSs. that would drive me fucking batty! Not to mention that it would burn me out on that particular thing. Dont get me wrong, I love both Metal and FPSs, but I also love modern folk and puzzle games. You can get so much from stuff that you wouldn't normally look at/listen to. If your one of those guys, give it a go. Thank me later :)

Like any good nerd I also love cinema/dvd/tech/toys with a sprinkling of TV and comics. Most recently though (in the last 18 months) I have become a MAD Hi Def enthusiast. I even bought a Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive..................... AT FULL PRICE! Mind you, this was about 6 months before the format war ending in favor of Blu Ray but I think that shows the kind of nerd I am. Hasty and not very smart. I also own a PS3 so I have my fingers in both Hi Def pies. Ewwww, sticky.

So Gaming. Why?

Oddly enough, gaming has always felt like a very social thing to me. "Mr Metal, gaming isn't a very socialble activity" I hear you say. Mainly because I'm sitting in the tree across from your house, spying on you as you read this.

I have always related playing games with hanging out with my favorite people. They seem to go hand in hand for me. From my earliest days of sharing turns on Super Mario Bros. on the NES with my sisters, to PC LAN events with mates, The Almightly Hammer game on Xbox Live, to most recently curling up on the couch with my lovely wife while I play Braid. And if I'm not playing with friends, I'm talking with my friends about my experiences of current/past games to expectations of future releases.

One of many reasons, but its the one reason that's resonated in me for as long as I can remember.

So there's a brief rundown of me. I look forward to sharing my news/views/general shit with you guys. Stay tuned :)
ALSO If you are on Xbox Live, look for my gamertag Mr Metal. Then stay tuned for a Halo 3 game invite.

I hope you like being hit with a gigantic hammer.........................

No comments: