Saturday, August 16, 2008

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Please be good (Or why I love The Chronicles of Riddick)

Have you seen this yet?

My goodness. You cant deny the fact that, from what little we have seen so far, Batman: Arkham Asylum is looking HOT! Check out that Joker! Very evil. Very awesome. (Although all Jokers now pale in comparison to Heath ledger's amazing interpretation. RIP.) Batman is also looking dark and gritty, as he should be. Did anyone notice the screen of a holding cell with the question marks scribbled on the walls? The Riddler to appear maybe?

It looks to be drawing some heavy visual influence from The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. A sign of gameplay to come also? Who knows. Its waaaaay to early to tell. If you haven't played it (shame on you if you have not) Riddick blended FPS, third person action and stealth elements into a VERY shiny package for the Xbox and PC. I'm serious when I say shiny. Bump mapped to the nines! I loved that game, it was one of my faves from the last generation. So I for one would not complain if we were given a next gen re-skinned Batman'd version.

SO why I am I getting myself ready for disappointment? Am I becoming the pessimist I always said I would never become? Or am I just shielding myself from heartbreak?

Eidos, please hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright...........

Mr Metal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, I'm definitely feeling the same way as you are about Arkham Asylum, Mr Metal. Excited but cautious... just in case it ends up being a let down.

Are you going to end up getting it on the Xbox 360 or PS3? I see that you've got a Live account, but I'm not sure if you own a PS3. If you don't, I suggest taking a look at this contest going on where you can win a PS3 (or another Xbox 360 if you wanted). All you have to do is design a t-shirt (easier than you would think, actually). There are less than 200 entrants as of now, so chances of winning look to be pretty decent. Besides the system you could also win a copy of Rise of the Argonauts, 6 Hour Power energy shots, and ten t-shirts with your winning design on it. For details check out http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. If you enter, definitely let me know as I'll be happy to vote for your design. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com