Friday, October 17, 2008

LittleBigPain: Send em back boys.


Thursday was going to be a good day. A feast of games fit for a king. Perhaps even a Super-King.

Now news has broken that background music containing potentially offensive lyrics has spurned a WORLD WIDE RECALL. What was so offensive? The following: “Every soul shall have the taste of death” and “all that is on earth will perish.” recited in Somali. These lines are taken from the Qur’an.

So before I unleash a tirade at Sony for being the largest pussies on earth, its best to mention that the concerns were raised by a Muslim user who indeed found the lyric offensive. As much as I want to go the apest of shit at Sony and MM for political meekness, I have to respect that guy's right to be shitty. Mixing music and words from the
Qur’an is apparently a big no no for Muslims.

But isn't this reaction a wee bit over the top? MM has stated that they had a day 0 patch at the ready to block the offending material, and yet a recall is necessary? I feel a bit like Sony heard the words "Muslim" and "Death" and freaked the fuck out.

So now as I stare at the 'TBC' next to its name and rest my head in my hands, I can't help think 'Where the fuck was the censorship for Burnout Paradise when I had Avril Lavigne bleating her horror-pop at me?' Now that shit is offensive.

You know what I did?

I went to the menu, and I TURNED THAT SONG OFF.

This my friends, is a load of bullshit of the highest magnitude.

-N

2 comments:

Sim W said...

I was waiting for this, such a pity but it seems you're right, Sony freaked out and this whole got blown way out of proportion.

Anonymous said...

At least you now have a little bit more money.... Making the 23rd of October "wallet fuck" easier?....