Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oh no, are we those guys?

Had another rousing evening of Team Fortress 2 last night, but wow did we steamroll some dudes. Just, destroyed them. We communicated, strategised, divided, conquered.
All at a blistering pace.

We took point after point, running rings around them with medic combos, scout rushes and tight defense. Round 1 was a blur.

In the second round they had worked out that they needed defense and stopped my initial scout attack. So I ducked in as a spy and saw something that made me think; 'Oh, you poor Buggers.'

They had set up a turret to guard a control point, FACING a wall. And it was upgraded! At this moment, I realised, I am playing against noobs.

So what did I do? I fucked them up. We fucked them up. Relentlessly.

After the game I had the thought "Did I just do the thing that made me hate online multiplayer?" Did those guys think "Ahh, this is too hard, all these guys are too good" and give up just as I did with the Halo 3s? Oh christ, I fucking hope not.

I feel like the nerd in a teen movie that turned cool, and then turned his back on all his nerd friends.

Oh god what have I become! I'm sorry nerd friends!

But seriously, face your fucking turret the right fucking way.


-Brother N-

No comments: