Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Review???

Ok, so I was fortunate enough to pick up 2 high profile releases this morning, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. I've been looking forward to these games, especially Mercs 2. I'm also lucky enough to have Tuesdays off. I'm set for a super day of quality gaming.

Unfortunately tomorrow we have a house inspection and the lawn had not been mowed for a number of weeks, thanks to recent rain fall and lack of equipment.

So brings me to my review of.............



The Briggs and Stratton Sprint 375 Lawn Mower.

The Sprint has all the features you would expect from a standard lawnmower wrapped in a nice fire-engine red chassis. Straight off the bat, it starts with ease. Just hold down the throttle and pull the cord. Too easy. It also runs off unleaded petrol, so there is no messing around with 2 stroke mixes. The engine noise was average but definitely not recommended for 7am starts, unless you want angry neighbors.

I started my tests on the front lawn which could be described as "regular shabby". The Sprint handled this area with no hassles whatsoever. It got into the nooks of the yard pretty easily also which is very handy.

The Reverse Lawn Mohawk

Then onto the back lawn, which could only be described as "The Degoba System". The twin blades tore through the larger areas of the lawn with ease, even made light work of the thicker weed like patches. In the 3-4 hours of use only needed to be filled twice.

My only gripe is with the throttle, which needs to be held down while mowing, much like a bicycle handbrake. With the smaller areas, it wasn't an issue but as soon as a little more elbow grease was needed i found that holding both the handle AND throttle created a bit of hand discomfort.

Apart from that, its a great mower. I would recommend it to anyone with a small to medium level yard. People with larger, uneven grassed areas would do better to look elsewhere.

All up, i would rate The Briggs and Stratton Sprint 375 Lawn Mower 4 wasted days off out of 5

Now I'm off to play Mercs 2. Ask me to mow your lawn and I'll kill you.

Mr Metal

1 comment:

h~ said...

mow some corn chips maybe??