Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The 23rd of October is going to wallet-fuck you



LittleBigPlanet, Fable 2, Farcry 2 and Dead Space. 4 big arse releases, all on the same flipping day.

Seriously?

What to do? Buy em all? Pick your favourite? Coin toss? Hold up the EB with a copy of Bomberman Act Zero?

We all know I'm all about the LittleBigPlanet(bought a PS3 didn't I?) so for me that's a given.

Dead Space is looking good in a 'OH GOD DON'T LET IT TOUCH ME' kind of way.

After seeing some new videos of Farcry 2 (he nearly caps a goat!) show off some of that classic Farcry open world cat and mouse stuff that I loved from the original, before it went all mutanty.

And Fable 2 is a big big yes. I loved the first, despite its shitty 'see it coming 38 miles away' story, so the prospect of a new one is really exciting.

So what....$400 worth of games in a day? Can't we space this shit out a bit? In quieter months, I would have bought everything one. But because they are all on the same day, somethings gotta give. I know I'm not alone. Million dollar games are just just gonna get lost in the wash.

Fuck you games publishers/distributers/other contibuting factors.

On the upside, it is nice to having a fuck-tonne of awesome to play for the holidays.

Brother N

1 comment:

Sim W said...

Jesus, $400 bucks for four games, no wonder imports are so high.

Jokes aside, I hired the force unleashed for PS3 and while it's a lot of fun, Fallout 3 is "useless to resist" so that's where my money's going.

One last thing, I've posted two blu-ray reviews on my blog, hopefully you'll give them a look.